Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Me and my projects

Hello all,

Well, I thought I would start off by introducing a little about me and my projects:

I'm a senior mechanical engineering student at Michigan Technological University(MTU). I am and Eagle Scout and love to hike, camp, canoe etc., all that outdoor stuff. A couple of years back I purchased my first motorcycle and now ride everyday (weather permitting).

Since I have been in college I have felt that it's important to be involved. Because of this I joined EcoCAR (http://www.enterprise.mtu.edu/challengex/) and Society of Automotive Engineers (http://sae.students.mtu.edu/). I am currently the Controls Team Leader on EcoCAR and the Vice President of the MTU SAE Chapter.

I am currently looking to obtain a job in the nuclear power industry. This may seem weird, being that I am involved in a hybrid vehicle competition (EcoCAR) and SAE, why not Automotive. I think not. The organization that I am involved in I have used as a means to become a better leader and more productive engineer. I have had two internships at nuclear power plants which sparked my interest in the industry.

Thanks for reading and I'll be back with more comments, post, quotes, complaints...

No comments:

Post a Comment